Elementary Classroom Teacher
Highland Elementary School
Highland Elementary School is hiring a Full Time Elementary Classroom Teacher for the 2017-18 School year. Successful candidates will have knowledge of current concepts, methods and procedures of curriculum development and implantation, laws, rules, procedures, policies, and trends regarding instruction, evaluation techniques, performance based education, human development and learning, Communication techniques, current health and safety procedures and practices, and effective instructional strategies and techniques. Successful candidates should have the ability to develop appropriate curriculum, Interpret and comply with laws, rules and policies, Evaluate student needs and progress, Implement accepted principles of instruction, maintain acceptable student behavior and discipline, and communicate effectively. Qualified applicants must have an Oregon Teaching Certificate valid for assignment, be NCLB Highly Qualified, and have knowledge of child growth and development at each level of instruction, familiarity with Common Core State Standards, and experience with multi-age planning and instruction. ESOL, GLAD, SIOP preferred.
Salary Range: $36,223 -$63,390 DOE with Benefit Package.
Student Services Coordinator Needed
Under the guidance of the Highland Elementary School Principal, the Student Services Coordinator provides guidance and support to all students. The Student Services Coordinator facilitates student pro social skill development, acts as a resource to students, parents and staff, and coordinates programs that support students’ academic and social growth.
REPORTS TO: Building administrator
- Oregon Teaching Certificate valid for assignment
- Knowledge of developmental characteristics of elementary age (K-6) students
- Experience with school wide behavior systems
- Knowledge of individual student support systems and interventions
- Experience working with paraprofessionals to support student success
- Helps students develop positive attitudes toward school and learning.
- Helps students develop positive relationships with peers and teachers.
- Helps students improve various social skills, such as coping strategies and friendship skills.
- Partners with building administrator on the school wide implementation of The Leader in Me.
- Partners with Student Opportunities Team facilitator to ensure leadership opportunities are available to students.
- Provides professional development to school staff in supporting students to make positive, pro social behavior choices.
- Acts as a liaison for parents, teachers and students.
- Is a resource for students, parents and school staff.
- Is present in large group settings including playground and cafeteria, modeling positive interactions for students and staff.
- Processes behavior trackers and communicates with parents.
- Serves as the 504 case manager.
- Facilitates the Child Support Team (CST) including creating and sending out agenda, leading meeting and providing follow up.
- Writes Functional Behavior Assessments (FBAs) and completes Behavior Support Plans (BSPs) for general education students.
- Completes threat assessments.
- Manages behavior data (reports and analysis).
- Collaborates with the School Resource Officer and building administrator on student safety concerns and student/family issues.
- Participates in in-services and professional development activities.
- Assists in the assessment of building level needs and the planning required to meet those needs.
- Works with outside agencies to proactively meet the needs of students and families.
MINIMUM TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: Teacher Contract
SALARY RANGE: $34,647-$60,632 (DOE) with Benefit Package
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the School Board policy on Evaluation of Professional Personnel.
Reedsport Community Charter and Highland Elementary are looking for substitutes:
Instructional Assistants and Janitorial
If interested please come to the district office and fill out an application and Criminal background check form. Fingerprinting will be required as well.
Reedsport Community Charter School
has an opening for an energetic individual to advise and organize the
W.F. Jewett Poetry Recitation
Duties to include preparing curriculum for speeches in coordination with the junior high teaching staff. While working with junior high students on public speaking, decorating auditorium, providing refreshments, creating a program, incorporating entertainment during intermission.
For more information contact the district Office
REEDSPORT COMMUNITY CHARTER SCHOOL
IS LOOKING FOR COACHES:
Assistant Football Coach
Junior High Track Coach
Varsity Girls Head Basketball Coach
JV Girls Basketball Coach
Varsity Baseball Coach
Click here to download a Classified Application (Please complete and send to address below.)
You may attach a PDF of your materials and send it directly to: email@example.com
Please submit applications to:
Donna Shaw/Human Resources
Reedsport School District 105
100 Ranch Road
Reedsport, OR 97467
Questions? Call (541) 271-3656 or (541) 271-9103